For those who remember the night of February 24, 1947, Los Angeles
experienced one of the most frightening and mysterious moments in its
history.  A country already in high alert because of the recent attack of the
Japanese on Pearl Harbor, Los Angeles was ready to counter attack any
invasion that could happen; however, on this night, the invaders weren’t what
we were expecting.

In 1983 the U.S. Government Printing Office released a multi-volume set titled
The Army Air Forces in World War II, edited by Wesley Frank Craven and
James Lea Cate.  In Volume I, Chapter III, Section 8, page 283, there is found
what is nothing short of an official confirmation to the above scenario. The
volume specifically cites the USE of radar, which many people insist was NOT
functionally operational in 1942 — although the government seems to

beg to differ in the document — as well as the fact that the object simply
disappeared orvanished over the ocean during it’s in-flight path toward Los
Angeles.  The following is a direct quote from the volume published:
«Radars picked up an unidentified target 120 miles west of Los Angeles.
Antiaircraft batteries were alerted at 0215 and were put on Green Alert—
ready to fire—a few minutes later. The AAF kept its pursuit planes on the
ground, preferring to await indications of the scale and direction of any
attack before committing its limited fighter force. Radars tracked the
approaching target to within a few miles of the coast, and at 0221 the
regional controller ordered a blackout. Thereafter the information center
was flooded with reports of «enemy planes,» even though the mysterious
object tracked in from sea seems to have vanished.»

At 3:06 AM, for reasons unclear, at least four Santa Monica area anti-aircraft batteries turn inland and started firing out over the city, and suddenly «the air over Los Angeles erupted like a volcano.»

and suddenly «the air over Los Angeles erupted like a volcano.» For the next three hours it was nothing but confusion with «swarms» of planes of all possible sizes reported, numbering from one to several hundred, traveling at altitudes from a few thousand feet to more than 20,000, and flying at speeds from very slow to hundreds of miles per hour. However, whatever it was or whatever they were, no bombs were dropped nor was there any resultant destruction by the invader. So too, despite the fact that 1,440 rounds of anti-aircraft ammunition had been expended, whatever was «up there» seemed impervious to the barrage — in the end, escaping with no sign of damage or losses.

Related posts...